Benefits to Business
“The wealth of business depends on the health of workers.”
~ Dr. Maria Neira, Director, Department of Public Health and Environment, World Health Organization
Burnout is very common among individuals who do “people-work”.
Burnout results from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. It is characterized by:
- feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion;
- increased mental distance from one’s job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one’s job; and
- reduced professional efficacy.
Workplace stress and burnout has been shown to lead to:
- Increased risk-taking behavior, including problems with alcohol and tobacco
- Emotional issues
- Health concerns, where many employees take extra sick leave, and some of their illnesses—lower back pain or headaches, for example— may directly result from work-related stress.
- Job dissatisfaction
- Job turnover
Resilience is our ability to overcome challenges of all kinds — from the stress of everyday life and job stress, to long-term trauma, tragedy, and crises–and bounce back even stronger than before.
Developing resilient employees not only benefits them as individuals, but it benefits their families, the communities they serve, and it benefits your business.
Research shows that resilient people are more motivated, productive, and efficient at their jobs. Resilience improves workers’ perception of and ability to cope with stress, they are less susceptible to burnout, and they are healthier resulting in decreased absenteeism, family-related crises, presenteeism, and health care costs.
Social support has also consistently been shown to help buffer against the negative effects of stress and anxiety; and facilitated discussions on mindfulness, reflection, and shared experiences have been found to increase empowerment and engagement, while decreasing burnout, depersonalization, and emotional exhaustion.
TLC Virtual Resiliency (TLC-VR) is a group-based, virtual, custom wellness and resiliency-building program.
We provide groups with educational content on resilience and coping skills to help build resiliency and manage stress and anxiety.
The groups provide unique social support networks in which employees connect and share, while learning a wide range of evidence-based tools proven to help foster resiliency and well-being.
Our custom curriculum and educational tools help build resiliency. In doing so they can:
- prevent and relieve work-place stress
- improve staff performance
- save money
- enhance the safety and wellbeing of your employees and the clients they serve.